Carriage and Delivery charges
Carriage codes are shown in green throughout this catalogue. These codes make it simple and quick to calculate the total amount of carriage due on a delivered consignment of one or several items. Where stock/size combinations make carriage codes impractical, the carriage formula** in the next column allows the code for a particular item to be calculated.
We offer several types of carriage depending on weight and urgency:
- First Class Post (FCP): Available on the smallest items marked 0.01 to 0.05 and 0.06 to 0.09. Whilst being a very low cost service it is not guaranteed and we have no method of tracking or tracing. It is not recommended for urgent or time critical print.
- Couriers (C): Used for the majority of consignments marked up to 19.99. This is a guaranteed next day service. In the event of nonperformance in time, the courier refunds the cost of carriage to us. This refund is then passed on to you.
- Bulk Transport (BT): A guaranteed next day delivery service used for heavier consignments marked 20 + or an order for multiple items the carriage codes for which add up to 20 +. This is a pallet service. Provision should be made to move or split the pallet on delivery. In the event of nonperformance in time, the courier refunds the cost of carriage to us. This refund is then passed on to you.
- Van delivery: A direct point-to-point service to your door. This offers the ultimate in reliability and security and is recommended for consignments which are 'mission critical'. The cost of this service varies depending on your location and should be confirmed at the time of order.
- Premium Delivery: Our Couriers are able to offer premium timed deliveries to Mainland England, Wales and Scotland.
- Before 9.00am - add £26.00 to the base Carriage cost.
- Before 10.30am - add £20.80 to the base Carriage cost.
- Before 12.00 noon - add £13.00 to the base Carriage cost.
- Saturday before 12.00 noon - add £30.00 to the base Carriage cost.
Please confirm any special delivery requirements you may have at the time of order.
Please Note: We do not charge for packing, unless you require your job to be split into several dispatches. If you do require your job to be split, we charge an extra £4.00 + Carriage per split.
If you have a special carriage requirement, such as multiple drops or delivery to other areas outside those detailed, or even if you would simply like assistance with calculating carriage, please contact us.
Two Step Carriage Calculation
- Step 1: Add together the carriage codes of all the items in your consignment. For any items which do not have carriage codes, please, refer to the carriage formula** below the table.
- Step 2: Look up the cost of delivery in the carriage table below.
Where a product consists of several items, e.g. a book with lots of pages, please add the codes for each element together.
*POA - Price on application
Please use this simple formula to calculate the carriage code for any item: